Amboise Town Hall Museum

Musée-Hôtel Morin
Rue François 1er
37400 AMBOISE
LONGITUDE : 0.983987 / LATITUDE : 47.413067

  • French
  • English

The Musée de l'Hôtel de Ville was formerly the residence of Pierre Morin,who served as treasurer under Louis XII. Built between 1501 and 1505, in the XVIIIth century it became the official residence of the Duc de Choiseul, before the Revolution saw it converted into the town hall - a function it fulfilled until the 1970s. The building has now been converted into a museum, housing national government archives and collections acquired by the municipal authorities over the centuries. The Hôtel Morin was recognised as a Historical Monument on 8th October 1880. Its architecture is typical of the early French Renaissance, combining elements of French gothic with Italian Renaissance touches.

Prices

    Free rate

Description

  • Groups accepted (up to 30 people)

Visits

  • Individual visits
  • Unaccompanied visits on request no
  • Guided tours on request yes
  • Average duration: 00:45
  • Group tours
  • Unaccompanied visits on request no
  • Guided tours on request yes
  • Average duration: 01:00

Facilities

  • Parking

Languages

  • Spoken languages : Parking Parking
  • Documentation : Parking Parking Parking Parking Parking
  • Visit : Parking
  • Langues panneaux : Parking Parking Parking Parking Parking
Ici, vivre est un art The E.U. supports tourist sites’ Quality approach
The E.U. supports tourist sites’ Quality approach